Education in India, Career in India: ICWAI
Looking for a Career Option as a ICWAI ? This section features ICWAI as a career option, elaborated with reference to the job profile, personality traits required, the courses and training involved, premier institutions and future prospects.
The Accountants of Management and Cost make possible strategic management decision in respect to the economic activities of the organization by the complete expertise. The deep knowledge and the outlook for managing the business under some circumstances are included in the Cost and Management Accountancys study.
The professionals in this field of cost and management accountancy in the India aim at the informing training and coaching in subject of management and cost accountancy. It was recognized by Act of Parliament in year 1959.In Metro cities; this institute has four regional councils.
The intermediate and final are the two divided types of the courses and each have the eight papers. These are the two stages, four papers for each stage. According to the modified syllabus, eight papers in intermediate, group discussion in two steps, two seminars and computer hours are also included in this.
After clearing the eight papers in the intermediate, they can go to for the final. In the final exam, with the eight papers; Computer (100 hours), Dissertation (5000 words), Modular training (15 days), Audit or the Industrial training (6 months) is also included.
For joining the intermediate course, 10+2 candidates should have to complete the Institute's foundation courses.
Two types of tuitions are offered by the institute. Postal through the 4 Regional Councils located in 4 metro cities such as Mumbai, Chennai, New Delhi, and the Kolkata while oral through more than 106 Oral Coaching Centers which spreads over the country. For bridging the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical orientation, training is provided to the students of ICWAI and these are given below:
- Group Discussions - 2 nos.
- Computers hands on - 50 hours
- Business Communication Seminars - 2 nos.
- Dissertation - 5000 words.
- Modular training - 15 days
- Computer Hands on - 100 hours
- Audit / Industrial training - 6 months
The candidates who have passed the ICWAI can get the top positions in the management. Such that Managing Director, Financial Controller, Finance Director, Accountant, Finance Manager, Cost Controller, Chief Internal Auditor etc. All are in private and public sector organizations. They can also perform in different fields according to their degrees such as they may appoint for the posts of Professor, Reader, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor and the lecturer.
They may also work as a self employment in the areas as given below: .
- Mandatory Cost Audit under Section 233(B) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- Certification under Export & Import Policy.
- Certification of manufacturing account as per Customs Act.
- Consultancy assignments.
- Foundation Course:-
- Organisation and Management Fundamentals
- Economics and Business Fundamentals
- Financial Accounting Fundamentals
- Business Mathematics and Statistics Fundamentals
- Intermediate Course: (Stage I)
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Business Laws and Communication Skill
- Information Systems and Technology
- Business Taxation
- Intermediate Course: (Stage II)
- Management Accounting - Performance Management
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Quantitative Methods
- Final Course: (Stage III)
- Operations and Project Management & Control
- Strategic Management and Marketing
- Advanced Financial Management and International Finance
- Strategic Tax Management
- Final Course: (Stage IV)
Management Accounting - Decision Making
- Cost Audit and Management Audit
- Management Accounting - Financial Strategy and Reporting
- Valuations Management and Case Study