India Schools : Mussoorie Public School, Mussoorie
Mussoorie Public School is situated on the famous Mall in the heart of the town. Sites adjoining Mussoorie Public School are the famous Rope Way to Gunhill and the General Post Office, which is very close to the main entrance of the school. The famous Camelís Back Road also provides the school with its second entrance, where all kinds of vehicles can reach right up to the school campus. The Mall Road is favorites haunt of the teachers of Mussoorie Public School for an evening stroll. Ninety percent luxurious Hotels of the town are situated on the Mall giving a vast choice and variety to the visitors.
The school office, assembly flat, dining rooms, dormitories for girls and sub-junior boys are located in the main building, Pratap Bhawan, which has with it about 2 acres of land for playground and gardens. A spacious hall, with a seating capacity for 450, is situated close to Pratap Bhawan. Sucheta Hall also serves as a gymnasium-cum-indoor play field-cum-auditorium.
The class rooms are located in the academic block, another wing contiguous to the main building. Dormitories for senior boys, some class rooms and science laboratories are located in Vivekanand Bhawan, adjacent to the academic block, on Camel's Back Road.
Programmes of S.U.P.W.(Socially Useful Productive Work) through 'Shrama-dan' are also organised
It is an English medium co- educational residential school recognised by the State Government
Affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi and prepares children for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education ( ICSE -10 ) and the Indian School Certificate ( ISC - 12 ) Examinations.
Details of the fee can be obtained from the school.
- Admission is open to children of all communities.
- Advance registration for admission and/or provisional reservation of a seat in the hostel can be done at any time of the year and for any academic year by remitting the registration fee and/or security fee.
Registration fee and security fee are neither refundable nor transferable and are forfeited if the child fails to turn up for the entrance test and/or admission.
Registration entitles a child only to appear in the entrance test and does not guarantee admission to the school and/or reservation of seat in the hostel.
- The school reserves the right to admit a child in the correct class after examining the child. Even after the admission is granted, the child can either be adjusted in a lower or a higher class, whichever the case may be, depending upon the child's ability and the discretion of the Principal.
- Children registered for admission are required to appear in the entrance test which is held in the first week of March. The entrance tests in English, Mathematics and Hindi are of one hour duration each. Other details about the test are intimated to the parents by registered post (Question papers set for the entrance tests held during the previous years are not supplied).
In some schools, the annual promotion examination is held during the month of March/April. On account of this examination, if a child cannot take the entrance test in the first week of March, he/she may be allowed to take the entrance test on an alternative date provided the parents concerned apply for the same during the first week of March.
Children seeking admission to classes Nursery, KG and I are tested orally and in our own ways.
- Admission to the school will be granted provisionally only after the entrance test and the same will be finalised only after the following documents are submitted either at the time of admission or within four weeks after the provisional admission :
- For Admission To Class Nursary
- Date of birth certificate, in original.
- For Admission To Classes KG To VII
- If the school last attended was recognised - Transfer Certificate issued by the Principal of that school.
- If the school last attended was not recognised - Photocopy of the date of birth certificate, attested by a Magistrate and Transfer Certificate issued by the Principal of that school.
- For Admission To Class VIII And Above
[ FOR ALL PURPOSES, DATE OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY REGISTRAR OF BIRTHS OR CIVIC / MUNICIPAL AUTHORITIES ONLY WILL BE ACCEPTED ]
- Transfer Certificate issued by the Principal of the school last attended and counter-signed with office seal by the District Education Officer / District Inspector of Schools / competent authority of the education department of the district in which that school is located.
- For conditional and provisional admission to class XI of ISC Examination -Science stream with Mathematics as well as Biology, a student must obtain at least 55% aggregated marks and 50% marks in each of the Science subjects and/or Mathematics which he/she has to offer in this class and an Indian language in his/her final ICSE (X) or CBSE (X) or High School Board Examination. CONDITIONAL AND PROVISIONAL ADMISSION TO THIS CLASS CLOSES ON APRIL 15. Initially conditional and provisional admission to this class is granted on the basis of his/her result in last class X school examination in the school which he/she attended last and will be finalised only when his/her ICSE (X) CBSE (X) High School Board Examination result is declared and that too only if he/she obtains the minimum required percentage of marks as stated above. If the minimum required percentage is not obtained, conditional and provisional admission will be cancelled and he/she will be required to leave the school.
- Candidates who have passed the class X of other Examination Boards by way of two examination/compartmental examinations are NOT eligible for pursuing the +2 courses of the ISC (12) Examination.
- Candidates appearing for the Class X (ICSE) examination should have been on the rolls of this school for two years i.e. Class IX and X.
Regular physical training is given by trained instructors who also supervise games like football, hockey, cricket, badminton, table tennis, volley-ball, basket ball, judo, karate, etc.
Extra Curricular Activities
The school follows the syllabi prescribed by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi and provides facilities to the children to study various subjects, including Sciences and languages, through multimedia audio-visual aids e.g. OHP, VCP, computers, CD ROMs, internet, etc.