|L.I.C. Officers' Exam : Introduction, Eligibility, Syllabus|
L.I.C. Officers' Exam
- Examination Fee
A competitive examination for the recruitment of the Assistant Administrative Officers etc, in Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) is held once a year, generally in the month of June. The blank application form and particulars are published in the Employment News, generally in the second week of April, and the last date for submission of application is usually the second week of May every year.
- Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor's/Master's Degree from a recognized Indian or Foreign University with a minimum of 50% marks (relaxable in the case of SC /ST candidates to 40%) in aggregate in either of the degrees.
- Age Limits:
21 to 28 years on the 1 st April of the year of examination. Upper age limit is relaxable for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, confirmed L.I.C. employees, etc.
- Examination Fee Rs. 50/- (Rs. Fifty only). No fee for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, etc.
- Scheme of the Examination
- The examination comprises :
- Written Examination
- Interview of such candidates. who qualify in the Written Test.
- Examination Papers:
The Written Examination will consist of the following papers:
Paper I (Objective)
It will consist of
- Reasoning Ability (Bilingual)
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs (Bilingual)
- Numerical Ability (Bilingual)
- English Language with special emphasis on grammar and vocabulary.
Paper II (Descriptive)
It will consist of
- Test on Essay (can be written in Hindi or English)
- Precise and Comprehension in English
- Test of Reasoning Ability:
This test has been designed to judge you're thinking power, contains questions of various kinds. The test will be partly verbal, i.e., based on or related to words and partly non-verbal, i.e., based on or related to figures and drawings.
- Test of Numerical Ability:
The purpose of this test is to ascertain how quick you are in working at numerical calculations.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
The purpose of this test is to ascertain a candidate's general awareness of environment around him and its application to society. The questions will be designed to test the candidate's knowledge of the current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of an educated person, including topics on Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, etc.
There may also be questions on Geography of India, land and her people, History of India, her cultural heritage, freedom struggle and salient features of the Constitution of India, Economic and Social Problems.
- English Language:
The purpose of this test is to gauge your knowledge of English. Your ability will also be tested through your choice of words, expressions and similar skills.