The Indian Civil Services are organised into two main sections.
- All India Services and
- The Central Services.
All India Services:
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian Forest Service (IFtS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Railway Service
- Indian Postal Service
- Accounts and Auditing Services (including The Indian Audit and Accounts Service, The Indian Civil Accounts Service, The Indian Defence Accounts Service, The Indian Revenue Service.)
- Indian Customs and Central Excise
- Indian Ordinance Factories Service
- Indian Defence Estates Service
- Indian Revenue Service
- Indian Information Service
- Central Trade Services
- Central Industrial Security Force
- Central Secretariat Services (Section Officer Grade)
- Railway Board Secretariat Services (Section Officer Grade)
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Services (Assistant Civilian Staff Officer Grade)
- Customs Appraisers’ Services
- The Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Services
- The Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services
- Pondicherry Civil Services
- State Civil Services
The categories of services to which candidates are selected through the SCS examination are as under:
- State Civil Services, Class-I (SCS)
- State Police Service, Class-I (SPS).
- Block Development Officer.
- Tehsildar/Talukadar/Asstt. Collector.
- Excise and Taxation Officer.
- Distt. Employment Officer.
- Distt. Treasury Officer.
- Distt Welfare Officer.
- Asstt Registrar Cooperative Societies.
- Distt. Food and Supplies Controller/Officer.
- Any other Class-I/Class-II service notified as per rules by the concerned State.