Karur Vysya Bank was started in the year 1916 in Karur, then a small textile town with a vast agricultural background, by two illustrious sons of the soil – Sri M.A. Venkatarama Chettiar and Sri Athi Krishna Chettiar. What started as a venture with a seed capital of Rs. 1.00 lakh has grown into a leading financial institution that offers the wide gamut of financial services to millions of its customers under one roof.
Education Bank Loan in India : Karur Vysya Bank
- Should have nationality Indian
- Secured admission to foreign institutes or university.
- Admission should be secured to academic, technical or professional courses.
Coverage of the Expenses:
- Fee payable to school, hostel and college
- Laboratory, library and examination fee.
- Purchase of equipments, books, uniforms and instruments. Building and caution deposit, refundable deposit supported by institution receipts and bills.
- Passage money and travel expenses for the student's studies abroad.
- The computer purchase required for completion of course.
- Other materials required for completion of course such as project work, study tours, thesis etc.
- The maximum amount is Rs. 10 lakh for those studies in the India
- The maximum amount is Rs. 20.0 lakh for those studies in abroad.
- No margin for the amount up to Rs. 4 Lakh.
- The margin is 5 percent on the amount above Rs.4 lakh to studies in India
- Margin is 15 percent for studies abroad.
Repayment period or moratorium period is the course period plus 1 year or 6 months from getting the job, whichever is early. The loan is repaid in 5 to 7 years after beginning of repayment.
Karur Vysya Bank,
KVB Towers, 2nd Floor,
Chennai - 600018
Phone - (044) 24314185/86/87
Fax - (044) 24314416