There are several banks which offer education loans in India. Even Punjab and Sind Bank offers education loans for students willing to pursue higher studies in India or abroad. This bank was set up under the aegis of Bhai Vir Singh, Sardar Tarlochan Singh and Sir Sunder Singh Majitha in the year 1908. If you want to avail of Punjab and Sind Bank education loans, then scroll down this page.
Education Bank Loan in India : Punjab And Sind Bank
- Student should have nationality Indian.
- Must take secured admission to technical or professional courses in the India as well as in Abroad through entrance exam or selection process which is based on merit.
- Studies in the India:
- Graduation courses: B. Sc, B. Com, B.A. etc.
- Post Graduation courses such as Masters & Phd.
- Professional Courses: Engineering, Agriculture, Medical, Veterinary, Dental, Law Computer, Management, etc.
- Certificate courses of the computers of the standard institutes qualified to the electronics department or universities.
- Courses such as CA, ICWA, CFA etc.
- Courses conducted in the India by standard foreign universities.
- Courses arranged by IIT, IIM, IISc , NIFT, XLRI, etc.
- Courses which are conducted in evening
- Other degree or diploma courses arranged by universities or colleges and approved by government, UGC, AICTE, ICMR, AIBMS etc.
- The courses which are presented by the National or any standard institute.
- Studies in Abroad:
- Graduation courses: Technical or job oriented courses conducted by standard universities.
- Post Graduation Courses: MBA, MCA, MS etc.
- Courses offered by CPA - USA, CIMA London etc
Exposure of expenses :
- Fees payable to the school, college or hostel
- Laboratory, Examination, or Library fee
- Fees required for purchasing equipments, books, uniforms or instruments.
- Building funds, caution deposit, or the deposit which is refundable supported by the institution receipts or bills.
- Passage money or travel expenses for those studies in abroad.
- Buy the computers which are useful for the course.
- Other expenses required for completion of course such as study tours, thesis, project
- The maximum amount is Rs. 7.5 lakhs for the studies in the India.
- The maximum amount is Rs. 15 lakhs for the studies in Abroad
- No any margin on the loan up to Rs 4 lakh
- The margin on loans greater than Rs 4.0 lakh is 5 percent for students in India and 15 percent for the students in Abroad.
- Assistantship or scholarship also included in to the margin.
The following documents also required:
- No security is required on loan amount Rs. 4 lakh
- Collateral security in type of guarantee of third party when loan amount is between Rs. 4.0 lakh - Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- And when loan amount is greater than Rs.7.5 lakh, collateral security is required with task of student's future income for installment payment.
- Documents of the loan should be carried out by students as well as guardian.
- The security may be land, government, building, Public Sector, Units of NSC, UTI, KVP, gold, LIC Policy, shares, deposit of bank in name of parents, student, guardian or third party.
- At the time when building or land is mortgaged already, then imaginative portion can take as a security.
- The same loan amount is hypothecated to bank when loan is taken for purchasing computers.
On the educational loans, upfront or processing charges not collected.
Repayment holiday or Moratorium period is the course period plus 1 year or the six months from getting job, either is earlier.
After starting the repayment, it should be repaid in 5 to 7 years. When student is unable to complete the course within given time then permitted extension time is 2 years.
Public Relation Department
21 - Rajendra Place,
New Delhi 110008
Phone - (011) 25719082
Fax - (011) 25723793