Since its inception in 1943, UCO has offered several kinds of banking services to its customers. Apart from 2000 Service Units across India, it also deals in Foreign Exchange operations. For meritorious students aspiring to pursue studies in India or abroad, the bank also offers education loans.
Education Bank Loan in India : UCO Bank
- Student must take secured admission to technical, professional courses through entrance exam and merit based admission process.
- Admission should be secured to the foreign universities.
- No any minimum or maximum income is given for the parents or the family.
- Studies in the India:
- School education containing +2 stages.
- Graduation courses: B. Sc, B.Com, B.A. etc.
- Post Graduation courses such as Masters & Phd.
- Professional Courses: Engineering, Agriculture, Medical, Veterinary, Dental, Law Computer, Management, etc.
- Certificate courses of the computers of the standard institutes qualified to the electronics department or universities.
- Courses such as CA, ICWA, CFA etc.
- Studies abroad:
- Graduation courses - Job oriented technical or professional courses of standard universities.
- Post Graduation courses such as MBA, MS, MCA, etc.
- Courses conducted by the CPA - U.S.A., CIMA in London, etc.
- For the graduation courses, age limit is 18 years to 25 years. For general and ST, SC candidates, the age limit extended up to 28 to 30 years.
- For the post graduation courses, age limit is 21 years to 28 years and extended up to 30 to 33 years for ST/SC or general candidates.
Exposure of Expenses:
- Boarding or hostel fees containing caution deposit or the building funds.
- Books, Equipments and Stationery needed for course, containing computers.
- Library, examination, and laboratory fees.
- Passage or travel Expenses needed for those studies abroad.
- The maximum amount is Rs. 7.5 lakhs for the studies in the India.
- The maximum amount is Rs. 15.00 lakhs for the studies in Abroad
- No any margin on the loan up to Rs 4 lakh
- The margin on loans greater than Rs 4.0 lakh is 5 percent for students in India and 15 percent for the students in Abroad.
- Assistantship or scholarship also included in to the margin.
- No security is required for the loan up to Rs. 4.00 lakh
- Collateral security with suitable value is needed for loans greater than Rs. 4.00 lakh.
After starting the repayment, it should be repaid in 5 to 7 years. When student is unable to complete the course within given time then permitted extension time is 2 years. Course period plus 1 year or the six months from getting job, either is earlier.
If the interest is given within moratorium period then 1 percent concession is provided.
10 - B T M Sarani,
Kolkata 700 001
Phone - (033) 2234 1756
Fax - (033) 2225 4182