Center for Research in Art of Film and Television
Center for Research in Art of Film and Television (CRAFT) is a non-government, non-profit organization. It is registered as a public charitable trust. The aim of the trust is to impart high standard education in the field of film, television and other media arts through various courses. CRAFT offers short and long-term courses with specialization in many disciplines.
Apart from government film schools like Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), no film school offers specialization courses in media arts. Furthermore, the normal intake at any mass communication school is not more than 45-60, where practical training is not feasible. Many mass schools run these courses on a theoretical syllabus formulated by regular faculty who are not working professionals. Thus, CRAFT has realized the need for specialization courses where expert working professionals guide students. The aim of inviting industry practitioner is to equip student with clear and concise knowledge of filmmaking.
CRAFT offers high standard education in the field of film, television and other media arts. It is an educational endeavor than a business venture. The film school has an association with industry professionals to conduct workshops and seminars. Every course is designed and tailored with the intention of providing quality education. The courses incorporate all aspects of filmmaking. The course curriculums include:
- Training oriented courses
- There are only 10 seats for every course
- Working professionals as guest faculty from the film industry
- Specialized courses different from mass communication
- Extensive training sessions
- Job oriented courses
- Practical exercises based on industry requirement
Aims and Objectives
Center for Research in Art of Film and Television (CRAFT) is a non-government and non-profit organization. It aims at imparting quality education in film and television. The aim and objectives are given below.
- To enhance research, training, education, creativity, documentation, distribution, collaboration, criticism and distribution across disciplines in the realm of film and television.
- To impart high education in the field of film, TV and other media by offering short and long term courses with specialization in many discipline.
- To organize workshops, seminars, conferences, lectures and film festivals across documentary, short, fiction and animation films in association with film production houses.
- To offer fellowship for research and development in film and television.
- To equip an online database and archive on national and international cinema.
- To work as a resource centre on various matters related to exhibition, distribution and production of films in India as well as abroad.
- To establish a DVD library of national and international films comprising of foreign language films.
- To help the distribution of art house or low budget films such as documentary, short, fiction and animation.
- To offer travel grants to participate in international workshops, film festivals, conferences and seminars.
- To establish a film fund, which provide bank guarantee and grants for production, script development, distribution and post-production.
- To work as a coordinating agency between film and television production companies and broadcasting stations. To sponsor socially relevant and sensible cinema in various schools and colleges.
See more about CRAFT :