- When & how many times MAT is conducted in a year? Qualification & percentage needed for it.
Mat is usually conducted 4 times in a year in February, May, September and December.The minimum qualification for appearing in MAT is graduation in any discipline from any recognized University or equivalent recognized degree.A final year student in any undergraduate (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com., B.Tech., etc) can also appear provisionally.Usually, there is a minimum percentage requirement in graduation, which is different for different MIs/University.
- How many MIs participate in MAT. Do they keep on changing or remain the same? Is there a same admission criterion for each & every Institute? Are they recognized, by AICTE? Do they have hostel facility? What about the total fee?
The number of participating MIís may vary. The number of MIís keeps on changing from test to test. Admission criteria for every institute is different. All MIs participating in MAT are either AICTE approved or affiliated to some Universities, for further information you may contact the MIs/Universities of your choice. The list of various MIs/Universities is available in MAT bulletin along with the admission notification. It may be worthwhile to go through the brochure of the MIs for detailed information. This is the current list.
- What is the cost of the Bulletin? The DD, which is to be made, should be in whose favor?
At Present the cost of a MAT bulletin is Rs.550/- by cash across the AIMA, New Delhi counter/ Select ICICI branches all/ AIMA Nodal Centres all over India and Rs. 590/- against Demand Draft (DD) by post. DD should be made in favor of AIMA-CMS, payable at New Delhi.
- What is the validity of MAT score?
Validity of the MAT score is for that particular session for most MIís, but for AIMA-CMEís PGDM & PGDITM programmes, the score is valid for one year.
- What is the last date of submitting filled in MAT OMR Form?
Last date for submission is mentioned in the MAT bulletin. The last date also appears in the notification released by AIMA in various national & regional newspapers.
- Do candidate has to buy the prospectus of the MIís opted by him/her?
For applying to MIís it is suggested that the prospectus of the MIís opted should be bought.
- Is MAT held all over the country what about a person living abroad? Can he/she apply for it?
MAT is conducted in all major cities in the country and in leading cities abroad. For further clarification, see MAT bulletin or contact our information centre.
- Do we get a separate Admit Card for appearing in MAT or just form ĎCí will do?
A separate special card is issued only when there is a change in arrangements of Test centre as finalization of Test. Also centres depend upon the number of registered candidates at a location.
- Is there any age bar for it? Any Job experience required, to appear in MAT?
There is no age bar. Job experience is not necessary.
- Is appearance in MAT necessary for getting admission into PGDM/ MBA programme ?
Yes, MAT is necessary for admission into PGDM/equivalent programmes offered by AIMA or other MIs who participate in it.
- What is the nature of MAT test?
It is an objective type test with multiple-choice answers. The test is designed to measure a personís general aptitudes as the following table indicates: