Since 1988, All India Management Aptitude Testing Service (AIMATS), New Delhi conducts a Management Aptitude Test (MAT) on a national basis every year in the months of May, September and December. The Government of India has approved MAT as a National Entrance Test for admission to MBA and equivalent programmes. Institutes offering recognised PG programmes in management and allied fields can participate in MAT. MAT is necessary for admission into the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology & Management (PGDITM) and equivalent programmes offered by All India Management Association (AIMA-CME) or other Management Institutes (MI). Centre for Management Education (CME), the education wing of AIMA, was established in 1993 as a full-fledged autonomous business school. All management institutes that participate in MAT are either AICTE (All Indian Council for Technical Education) approved or affiliated to universities.
AIMA-CME offers various programmes to suit the requirements at different levels of management. They are Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology & Management (PGDITM) (MAT is necessary for admission to both the programmes). Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) offers specializations in Insurance Management, HR, Finance, Marketing, Operations, and International Business. PGDITM offers three specializations including IT Marketing, E-Commerce, Information Systems Management.
Other programmes offered by AIMA-CME include Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA), One-year Professional Diploma Programmes (PDs), Advanced Diploma Programmes (ADPs) and shorter duration Advanced Diploma Programmes in IT (ADPs).
Salient Aspects Of Mat
- Entrance test for recognised programmes.
- Time tested over a decade.
- Validated through independent studies
- Availed by lakhs of students.
- Accepted by hundreds of Institutes and University Departments.
- Employing latest technology in evaluation and result processing.
- Individual score card with candidate’s photograph.
- Widespread network for sale of bulletins.
- Test Centres located all over the country and abroad.
- Lowest bulletin cost which includes registration and test fees.