PLMECWA PGCET - Pondicherry Linguistic Minority Engineering Colleges Welfare Association
Karnataka Postgraduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) is conducted by Central Post Graduate Admission Committee (CPAC). The test is conducted every year with the purpose of giving admission to postgraduate programmes like MCA/MBA courses in many institutions and colleges in Karnataka. Every year The Karnataka Exam Authority Office announces the date of the exam. Generally, the test is conducted in the month of April. The test is open for both Karnataka and Non-Karnataka candidates. However, the candidates who fall under Non-Karnataka states will only be eligible for admissions which are made under Management Quota.
The Unaided Private Engineering Colleges in Pondicherry have formed an Association and named it 'Pondicherry Linguistic Minority Engineering Colleges Welfare Association'. These private engineering colleges have been associated in order to provide quality education in the state of Karnataka as well as outside of it. The Institute offers both type of courses, full time and part time.
Candidates can choose either of them. The list of prescribed courses is given as follows.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration (Part-time)
- MCA - Master of Computer Applications (Full-time)
- MBA - Master of Business Administration (Full-time)
Candidates who are seeking admission to first year MBA/MCA courses which are under the Management Quota are required to appear for the Common Entrance Test (PGCET). The admission for the above mentioned courses will be based totally on merit. The list of the colleges which offer admission to MBA/MCA courses through Management Quota is given below.
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College, Madagadipet, Pondicherry.
- Bharathiyar College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikal.
- Christ College of Engineering and Technology, Pondicherry.
- Manakula Vinayagar Institute of Technology (MIT), Pondicherry.
- Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering and Technology, Pondicherry.
- Pope John Paul – II College of Education, Pondicherry.
- RVS College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikal.