PTU CET – Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test
The Punjab Technical University conducts a Combined Entrance Test every year for admission into Architecture, Engineering and Pharmacy programmes. The objective of the exam is to give admission to the engineering colleges which are affiliated to:
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Punjab University, Patiala
- Guru Dev University, Amritsar
The candidates, who are seeking admission to PTU Caparo School of Excellence in Manufacturing and Material Technology, need to appear for the entrance exam.
The Punjab Technical University was founded in 1997 with the intention of exploring Engineering, Technical, Pharmaceutical and Management education in the State of Punjab. The PTU is one of the best engineering universities in the country which gives quality education in the field of engineering and technologies. It also endorses training, research and development in technology. The university offers many engineering programmes on regular basis and it also offers distance education programmes. There are 250 colleges affiliated to PTU offering various programmes such as Hotel Management and Catering Technology, B.Sc MLT, Pharmacy, Management and Engineering.
Eligibility Criteria :
- The candidates who fall under 85 % seats category must be a resident of Punjab State in terms of Punjab Government Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms. Or
- The candidates must have passed 10+1 and 10+2 exam as a regular candidate from recognized institute which must be located in the State of Punjab.
- The candidates who are appearing in the qualifying exam can also take the entrance test. However, their admission will be provisional and subject to producing the required document to prove his/her eligibility at the time of counseling.