XAT – Xavier Admission Test
There are many colleges in India who conduct entrance test for MBA programme. However, XAT is well-known National Level Test for admission to MBA among the aspirants. XAT is conducted by Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur (XLRI). The test has been conducted with the intention of giving an opportunity to the most apt aspirants for XLRI management education. The test is also conducted for the candidates who are looking forward to seeking admission to about 33 other well-known Business Schools in India like LIBA – Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai, BIM – Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Trichy, XIMB Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswe.
XAT Eligibility & Programmes
The candidate should have completed a three-year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree in any stream recognized by the Association of Indian Universities seeing that the candidate is eligible to apply for the Postgraduate studies in Management.
PG Programmes Offered by XAT
- Business Management Programme – 2 Year (full-time)
- Executive PG Programme – 3 Year (part-time) programme for working executives
- General Management Programme - 1 Year (full-time) programme for working executives
- Master of Business Administration – 2 Year
- Personal Management and Industrial Relations Programme – 2 Year (full-time)
XAT Admission Procedure
How to Apply
The aspirants can obtain the application form from XAT office, XLRI Jamshedpur. The application form is also made available at selected branches of State Bank of India (SBI) over 116 cities across India on the payment of requisite amount. The aspirants can also obtain the prospectus and application form from the selected branches of Axis Bank on amount of Rs. 9,00 for general candidates and Rs. 6,00 for ST/SC candidates.
Aspirants are allowed to apply more than one programme, however, they cannot apply more than three programmes. The aspirants who are intending to apply for more than one programme, they are required to pay Rs. 1500 for general category and Rs. 1100 for ST/SC category candidates.
- Log on the website www.xlri.edu
- Click on XAT Registration
- Fill in the application form with complete information like, DD no, XAT Bulletin no, SBI Branch name & code, etc.
- Click on the submit
- Immediately after submission you will get the XAT ID and Password
After completing the registration procedure aspirants are required to:
- Print out the XAT Payment Advice-cum-photo form (XAT PP form)
- Paste recent passport size photograph on it
- Give signature at the provided space on the XAT PP form
- Enclose the third copy of XAT/Bank pay-in-slip with properly filled XAT PP form
- Send the application form by Speed Post/Registered Post/Courier possibly within one week of obtaining the XAT Bulletin. The application form to be sent in the special envelope that is provided in the XAT Bulletin.
The aspirants are required to keep a copy of print out of XAT ID and Password for any further changes, for instance, modification to personal details, to take print out of XAT admit card, for correspondence with the XAT office, etc. The spirants are required to log on to the website www.xlri.edu to take a print out of the XAT admit card. The address of the respected test centre will be mentioned on the admit card received by the aspirant through online.
Some Useful Information about XAT