AFMC - Armed Forces Medical College Entrance Exam
About the Exam
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, is one of the most recognized medical science colleges in India. The college was founded in 1948 on the suggestion of the BC Roy committee. The college is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Science, Nashik. It is also recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
The Armed Forces Medical College aims to provide best quality professional medical care to Armed Forces. It also conducts research in various medical subjects and those features who could affect the performance of the Armed Forces in war. The college plays a vital role in the field of medical. It includes: training of medical undergraduate and post graduate, treating Cades and paramedical staff, dental post graduates, providing medical specialists to Armed Forces.
AFMC conducts an all India entrance test for MBBS course every year. The intake capacity for MBBS is 130 including 105 boys and 25 girls. After completing MBBS degree, students have compulsory liability to serve minimum seven years as Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services. In order to serve for 7 year in the Armed Forces, it is necessary for studentsí parents/guardians to sign a bond agreement at the time of the admission. If the students removed form service liability for any reason, is subject to pay the bond money as per terms and conditions set by Govt. of the India.
The selected candidates will get free accommodation and entitled rations by Govt. of India. The Govt. will also provide subsidized messing, a book subsidy of Rs. 12. 000 during whole training period, uniform and maintance allowance Rs. 6. 000 and Rs. 1250 and AC 3 tier free railway warrant form college to home and home to college during the period of vacations.
Eligibility Criteria for AFMC
The candidates, who are looking forward to pursuing admission to the AFMC-MBBS degree course, must fulfill the following criteria.
- Candidates must be citizen of India or be a subject of Bhutan or Nepal or a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan or any other foreign country with the purpose of inhabiting in India.
- Candidates must be unmarried and not permitted to marry during the course
- Candidates must be medically fit as per approved standards by Government of India, Ministry of Defence
- Candidates must have completed 17 years on 31 Dec. of the year of application, at the same time should not have attained the age of 22 years on the same date.
Academic Qualification for AFMC-MBBS
Candidates should have passed all the subjects chosen for in the first endeavor of the qualifying exams as a regular candidate with English, Physics, Biology and Chemistry taken all at once. Candidates must obtain minimum 60% of the aggregate marks in the above 3 science subjects. They should obtain at least 50% marks in English and each of the science subjects. Candidates should also have passed exam in Mathematics of the Std. X.
The candidates, who belong to the categories given below, are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates passed in Domestic Arithmetic, Domestic Science, Lower Maths separately or in grouping with other subjects such as: General Science, Social Studies in High School/Higher Secondary or equivalent exam.
- Candidates passed only Pre-Degree/Pre-University, one year course, or Pre-Professional in Veterinary/Agriculture/Dental Exam.
- Candidates passed the Pre-professional or equivalent qualifying exam as a Private candidate.
- Candidates obtained the requisite percentage but in later attempts or compartment exam.
Some useful Information about AFMC