CNLU – Chanakya National Law University
Chanakya National Law University (CNLU) offers BA. LLB. Programme. The candidates are required to take CLAT exam for admission to the above programme. The university is situated in Patna, Bihar. The CNLU was established under the Chanakya National Law University Act, 2006 and comprises section 2 (f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
The Government of India found the need for legal education university in the State of Bihar. The CNLU was established in 2006 with the purpose of providing quality education in the field of law. The objective of the university is to strengthen the students’ skills in legal education. It also aims at promoting legal awareness in the community. The university came into existence under the clever guidance of its Vice-Chancellor, Prof. A. Lakshminath, the erstwhile Registrar and Dean of NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad.
The university also intends to impart legal education in the country. It gives a golden opportunity to those students who wish to make their career in the realm of law. It helps students to improve their law skills such as debating, talking eloquently, and taking correct decisions at the crucial moment which will make them a clever lawyer. The university gives a platform to the students to enhance their research skills by providing research and advanced studies in all branches of law.
Eligibility Criteria :
- The candidates should have passed the Higher Secondary School Exam or equivalent exam with at least 50 % marks in aggregate.
However, the candidates who belong to the reserved category they need to obtain at least 45 marks in aggregate.
- The candidates must not be more than 20 years of age of the year of admission. Nonetheless, there is maximum age relaxation up to 22 years for the candidates who belong to reserved category.
- The candidates who are appearing for the qualifying exam are allowed to take the test; however, their admission will be provisional and subject to producing the required documents as to prove his/her eligibility.
The list of programmes is as given below.
- BA.LLB. (Hons.) a five-year integrated course
The below postgraduate courses will be started soon
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Rights; Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law
- Postgraduate Diploma in Industrial and Intellectual Law
- Postgraduate Diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Laws
- Postgraduate Diploma in Disaster Management and Law
- Postgraduate Diploma in Disabilities and Law.
The intake capacity of the university for admission to BA.LLB. programme is 80 seats. Out of these seats 10 seats are reserved for Foreign Nationals and 10 seats are for NRIs respectively.
CNLU - Admission Procedure