GNLU - Gujarat National Law University
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is one of the leading law institutes in India. The university was founded under the Gujrat National Law University Act, 2003. It was inaugurated in July 2004. It offers five-year integrated degree courses like B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.), B.Sc. LLB. (Hons.) GNLU also offers LL.M. course with the purpose of producing adequate teachers and researchers. candidates who wish to take admission to the course mentioned above are required to qualify Common Law Admission Test, CLAT. This exam is conducted with the view of giving admission to almost 11 National Law Universities across India.
Gujarat National Law University is located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The objective of GNLU is to give quality education and to advance learning and knowledge in the field of law. The university is recognized by UGC and Bar Council of India. The reason it is well-known in India is that every year, a number of students appear for the test for admission into law courses at this university. GNLU is completely residential university. Since the university is recognized, it provides all kinds of facilities to its students. It offers a total of 160 seats in its 5 year integrated B.A. LL.B programme. Out of the total seats, 10 % seats are reserved for candidates who belong to Gujarat State. The remaining seats seats are open for anyone who has passed the qualifying exam.
Eligibility Criteria :
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 exam or equivalent with at least 50 % marks in aggregate. However, the candidates who belong to the reserved category are required to obtain at least 45 % marks in aggregate.
- The candidates who are appearing for 12th exam can also apply for. Nonetheless, there admission will be provisional and they are needed to produce required documents at the time of admission.
- The candidates who belong to general category must have attained 20 years of the age at the time of admission. On the contrary, there is minimum age relaxation up to 22 years for the candidates who belong to reserved category.
GNLU - Reservation :
There are a total of 160 seats for admission to law programmes. Of which some seats are reserved. These reserved seats can be broken up as follows.
- ST 7.5 %
- SC 15 %
- Physically handicapped 3 %
- Domicile in Gujarat 10 %
- General 103 (No. of Seats)
See some related topics here :