TNDALU - Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University
Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University was founded by the Government of Tamil Nadu by an act of State Legislature. It was inaugurated on September 20, 1997 by K.R. Narayanan, erstwhile President of India. The objective of university is to impart legal education in the country. It also aims at promoting knowledge of legal education in India. The university has determined to improve communal harmony and achieve the goal of egalitarian society by means of legal literary programmes.
TNDALU is a well-known law school situated in Chennai, India. The law university offers specialization in both the undergraduate and postgraduate level. The name of the university goes after the great social reformer, freedom fighter and well-known Indian legal specialist, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. The Governor of Tamil Nadu, Dr. Surjit Singh Barnala, is the Chancellor and Prof. S. Sachidhanandam is the Vice-Chancellor. Besides teaching and research initiatives, there are many colleges both state sponsored and private law colleges affiliate to the university.
One of the objectives of the university is to make people aware of the legal system in India so that they can enjoy complete freedom. The university promotes various skills of advocacy among law students and research scholars. This is done to provide a better future and scope to its law students. The university also teaches its students to follow a life of moral and ethics. The law university expects its students to implement morality and ethics not only in the profession but also their life.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Law University offers a five-year Bachelor of Law Degree course in its affiliated colleges as mentioned below.
- Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Chennai - 600 104
- Government Law College, Madurai - 625 020
- Government Law College, Tiruchirapalli - 620 023
- Government Law College, Coimbatore - 641 046
- Government Law College, Tirunelveli - 627 011
- Government Law College, Chengalpattu - 603
Eligibility Criteria (for admission to a five-year B.L. Degree Course)
TNDALU- Admission Procedure
- A candidate should have passed +2 or equivalent exam with at least 45 % marks in aggregate. Nonetheless, for selection, marks obtained in the subjects excluding languages shall only be considered.
- A candidate who belongs to the SC/ST community needs to obtain minimum 40 % marks in aggregate.
- An employed candidate is not eligible to apply
- A candidate must have attained 21 years of age at the time of the admission. However, there is no age limit for SC/ST candidates.
- A candidate who does not pass the qualifying exam is not eligible to apply.