Education in India, Career in India: Information Technology
Looking for a Career Option as a Information Technology ? This section features Information Technology as a career option, elaborated with reference to the job profile, personality traits required, the courses and training involved, premier institutions and future prospects.
This is Information Technology age. Now days, computers are used in not only corporate world but also in other fields from exploration of space to the food processing, in banking or in any communication field.
Two main sections are in Information Technology as given below:
The physical elements of the computer are included in this and deal with the manufacturing, designing, and the maintenance of computer system.
Functional areas in the Hardware are:
- Research and Development
Set of instructions are included in this through which computer can perform the given task. This contains the work such as designing the programs.
Functional areas in Software:
- Software development:
- Data entry:
- Application programmers:
- Support services:
The individual who wants to enter in this field must have the following personal traits:
- Willingness and flexibility for learning new things, new technologies and adopting methods of the work
- Ability to focus and concentrate
- Logical thinking
- Organizational and administrative abilities
- Ready to work for long hours and ability to work hard
- High intellectual capacity
- Ability to take decisions
- Ability to gel well with people and good communicational skills
Since this is a specialized field and therefore requires technical and academic skills. In different institutions different courses are available. Following are the courses are given for this field:
- Bachelor in Computer Applications (BCA)
- B.Tech and B.E
- Bachelor in Science with Computers (B.Sc)
- Masters in System Management
- Masters in Computer Applications (MCA)
- M.Sc in computers
- Certification Courses
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
- Diploma in Computer Applications
- DOEACC's O, A, B, C level courses.
- Department of Computer Science, Alagappa University, Karaikudi-630003.
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Annamalai University, Anna- malainagar - 608 002.
- Department of Computer Science, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam - 530003.
- Department of Computer Science, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappali;
- Post-graduate Department of Computer Science, University of Kashmir, Hazratbal
- Department of Computer Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani - 333 031;
- Department of Computer Science, University of Delhi, Delhi -110007.
- Of Computer Science, Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar-125 001, Haryana.
- Institute of Computer Science, Guru Ghasidas University, Balaspur - 495 009.
- Department of Computer Science, University of Hyderabad, P.O. Central University, Hyderabad-500 046.
- Institute of Computer Science and Engineering, Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025.
- Department of Computer Science, University of Mysore, Mysore-570 006.
- Department of Computer Science, University of Jammu, Dr. B.R. Ambedker Marg, Jammu-180004.
- Department of Computer Science, Osmania University, Hyderabad, 500 036.
- Centre for Computer Science and Engineering, Anna University, Chennai.
- Department of Computer Science, Madurai Kamaraj Univeristy, Palkalainagar, Madurai, Tamil Nadu - 625021
- School of Computer Science, Kakatiya University, Warangal- 506 009.
- School of Computer Enginee-ring, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Mahaveer Marg, Hyderabad- 500 008.
- Department of Computer Science, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Abishakapathi, Thirunelveli
- Department of Computer Science, Kurukshetra Univer-sity, Kurukshetra - 136 119;
- Institute of Computer Science, University of Madras, Chepauk Chennai-600005.
Numbers of activities are included in the Information Technology such as Office Automation, Computing, and Telecommunication, therefore it gives number of job opportunities in different fields and so they have right qualification.