Education in India, Career in India: Radiography
Looking for a Career Options as a radiography? This section features radiography as a career options, elaborated with reference to the job profile, personality traits required, the courses and training involved, premier institutions and future prospects.
For providing the good treatment, exact diagnosis of disease is very important. In many cases, it is not possible to identify disease based on the only medical symptoms. Radiography is used for diagnosing the illness and disease of hidden or internal parts of the human body with the help of Fluoroscopy, X-ray, Ultrasound (sonography), MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), CT Scan (Computer Tomography), Angiography, PET (Positron Emission Tomography) and many more.
The treatment is not effective till we get image of internal parts of the body clearly. Radio imaging machines are used in radiography such as X-ray which interprets the result. It is also used for treating tumors and cancers with the radiation. Diagnostic Radiography and Therapeutic Radiography are the two career options available for this field. The job of diagnostic radiographer is to tell all the procedure to patients, ready them for test, operate machines, and keep maintenance and record of the equipment. They also help to the physicians in performing methods like Myelograms and to surgeons in operation room with the fluoroscopic machines or X-ray machine.
For diagnosing the diseases such as ulcer, tumor and cancer, radiotherapy or therapeutic radiography is used. For treating the tumor, therapy radiographer uses radiation in controlled manner. For shrinking tumor, use of particular amount of radiation is very important.
Radiography is field which is service oriented field The person working in this field have patience, objective approach at the patient, a calm temperament, understand the people of all ages, increase confidence in patient, strong willpower, tolerance, and the strength of mind. The another techniques are strong technical and scientific bent of the mind, the skill of learning new techniques, adapting to the changes, good skill of communication, team sprit, observation power is good, self confidence and accurate judgment.
- Diploma in Radio Programming and Management (DRPM)
- Diploma in Radio Jockeying ( DRJ )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDRM)
- Certificate in Radio Jockeying (CRJ)
- Certificate Course in Radio Jockey & Presentation Skills Workshop
- Certificate Course in Announcing, Broadcasting, Comparing and Dubbing (ABCD)
Certificate course in Radiography:
- Dr. M.V. Shetty Institute Of health Science, A.B. Shetty Circle, Mangalore 575001, (Karnataka)
- Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Medical College Hospital, Kadugondanhalli, Bangalore-560045, (Karnataka)
- University College Of Medical Sciences (University Of Delhi) & G.T.B Hospital, Delhi 110095, (Delhi)
Diploma in Radiography:
- Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh-786002, District.Dibrugarh, (Assam)
- G.B. Hospital, P.O. Kunjaban, Agartala 799006, (Tripura)
- Gandhi Hospital, Secundrabad, (Andhra Pradesh)
- Gauhati Medical College, Bhangagarh-781005, District-Kamrup, (Assam)
- General Hospital, Bikaner, (Rajasthan)
- General Hospital, Udaipur, (Rajasthan)
- Govt. General Hospital, Guntur 522004, (Andhra Pradesh)
- Govt. General Hospital, Kakinada 533003, (Andhra Pradesh)
- Govt. General Hospital, Kurnool 518002, (Andhra Pradesh)
- Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla 171001, (Himachal Pradesh)
- King George Hospital, Visakhapatnam 530002, (Andhra Pradesh)
- M.G. Hospital, Jodhpur, (Rajasthan)
- M.G.M. Hospital, Warangal 506007, (Andhra Pradesh)
- M.K.C.G.Medical College, Berhampur-760004, District.Ganjam, (Orissa)
- Medical College, Amritsar 143001, (Punjab)
Certificate courses in radiography diagnosis:
- Mohan Dai Oswal Cancer Treatment & Research Foundation, Ludhiana, (Punjab)
Certificate courses in radiography assistance:
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata, (West Bengal)
- Medical College, Kolkata, (West Bengal)
- Chennai Medical College, Chennai-600003, (Tamil Nadu)
- Madras Medical College, Chennai, (Tamil Nadu)
- Madurai Medical College, Madurai 625001, (Tamil Nadu)
- Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur, (Tamil Nadu)