Get 65% Discount on Preventive Health Checkup
Career in India        

Indi Career ››Career : USA››Visa Processing

Visa Processing

Once the admission to a college or University is confirmed, the University will sent to the applicant Form 1-20 or the Form IAP-66. These documents are needed to apply for a non-immigrant student visa. There are three categories of student visa

  • F-1 Visa (Academic student) is for students who have been accepted for full time study in academic or language programs. It allows you to study at an approved university or college and lead to graduating with a Master's Degree, Doctoral Degree or Diploma Certificate.
  • J-1 Visa (Exchange student) is issued to visiting scholars, medical doctors who seek advanced training or candidates pursuing graduate or post graduate studies on an exchange program.
  • M-1 Visa is for students who are accepted for non-academic or any vocational programmes.

    The 1-20 and I AP-66 Forms are visa petitions that state your eligibility to apply for the non-immigrant student visa status.

    1-20 A-B is a certificate of eligibility issued by universities as proof of acceptance as their student. This form is needed for applying for F-1 non -immigrant Visa. This can also be used to change any other non-Immigrant Visa status to F-1. Form IAP-66 is needed for applying for J-1 Visa.

    Documents required for applying for visa
    • Passport which is valid for at least 6months after the date of travel.
    • Completed visa application form from the U.S Consulate
    • Form 1-20 or IAP-66 originals from the Universities where you have been accepted.
    • Passport size photographs signed on the reverse side
    • Transcripts of all admissions tests taken like TOFEL, SAT, GRE, GMAT etc.
    • Affidavit and evidence of financial support (bank statements) of at least 1st year of study and details of scholarships if any. They include
    • A certificate issued by an officer of the students own bank explicitly stating the amount of money available to support you during your stay in the U.S.
    • If there is sponsor or guarantor, a certificate issued by a bank officer of this guarantors or sponsors financial ability
    • A statement from a sponsoring organization or institution giving the terms of sponsorship.
    • Any other documents as specified by the Visa Officer.

Career in India | Jobs in India
© All Rights Reserved, | partners | Sitemap